If you are looking for a delicious home-baked bread that is sure to set your supper party apart, make sure you try this Sunflower Pecan Bread recipe from Three Blacksmiths in Sperryville, VA – one Rappahannock County’s newest and most exciting restaurants.
Ingredints (in Grams)
AP flour 860
Rye Flour 640
Whole Wheat Flour 435
Sunflower Kernels 230
Dry Yeast 37
Chopped pecans 375
110-degree water 1400
Barley malt syrup 90
Egg wash to crust
Coarse Salt to crust
Black sesame seeds to crust
- Set oven to 350 degrees convection
- In stand mixer with paddle combine dry ingredients well.
- Change to dough hook and slowly add wet to dry while mixing. Knead dough in mixer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to lightly oiled hotel pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Set in a warm place to double in size, approx. 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and transfer to work surface.
- Portion dough into 9 equal parts, form into 2 inch diameter loaves and transfer a baking sheet.
- Set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Brush with egg wash, dust with sesame seeds and coarse salt.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes.
Thanks so much to the Three Blacksmiths for their wonderful Sunflower Pecan Bread…the perfect accompaniment to a meal with Turkey and Sage Sliders, Crisp Hickory Buttered Shenandoah Chicken and a crisp Winter Salad.
Make sure you go to Dine, Wine & Stein’s recipe catagory for more great culinary ideas!