The Butchers Station Winter Salad Recipe
Mixed Greens with Apples, Blue Cheese and Toasted Pecans
6-8 ounces of high quality mixed salad greens
2 Medium sized Local Apples (Honey Crisp is our favorite)
1/2 Cup Pecan Pieces
4-6 ounces of good quality blue cheese (we like Cashel Irish Blue)
1 Tbsp Local Honey
1/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
3/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Toast the pecan pieces in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant and beginning to brown. Remove from pan and reserve for later.
Make the dressing:
- In a bowl combine honey, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined. With constant whisking, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified and creamy. Set aside while composing the salad.
To compose the salad:
- Cut the apples into thin slices (skin on) and toss with 1 Tbsp of the honey-lime vinaigrette.
- Toss the greens in Honey-Lime Vinaigrette and arrange on plates.
- Arrange apples over the greens.
- Break the blue cheese into large crumbles and scatter around the greens.
Sprinkle the entire plate with toasted pecans.
Thanks to The Butcher Station for their recipe
If you are looking for other appetizer recipes, you might like our Turkey and Sage Sliders with Cranberry Relish