One of our favorite holiday’s, is Halloween. We can let down our ghoulish hair and create some fun Halloween treats. It is especially good if we can put together Chocolate and Pumpkin. And this Halloween Orange and Black brownies does that quite well.
Halloween Orange and Black Brownies Ingredients
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour Or Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan or dish.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl or in the microwave.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; set aside. Put sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat in flour mixture.
- Divide batter between two medium bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Stir chocolate mixture into one bowl. In another bowl, stir in pumpkin, oil, and pumpkin pie spice. Transfer half of chocolate batter to prepared pan smoothing top with a rubber spatula. Top with half of the pumpkin batter. Repeat to make one more chocolate layer and one more pumpkin layer. Work quickly so batters don’t set.
- With a small spatula or a table knife, gently swirl the two batters to create a marbled effect.
- Bake Halloween Orange and Black Brownies until set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.
Don’t miss some other great Halloween adventures like a haunted pub in Bridgewater, VA.