At DW&S, we feel that there is no better fall food than a big bowl of chili accompanied by a big honkin’ piece of Mexican Cornbread. Add a nice cold craft brew and you have the makings of a great afternoon by the fire.
Make sure you try this fun Mexican Cornbread recipe. We love it!
Mexican Cornbread Ingredients
- 1 & 1/2 cups of self-rising cornmeal
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped bell pepper (optional)
- 1 cup creme style corn
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped hot pepper (jalapeno)
- 1 & 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup cooking oil (may use bacon drippings)
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together except oil.
Heat oil in a 10-inch iron skillet. Pour the hot oil into the batter. Stir lightly and pour the mixture into the hot skillet.
Bake for 40 minutes or until done. Serve Mexican Cornbread hot with a cold craft beverage. One of our favorites is WildManDan Brewery – Virginia’s smallest production brewery.